This exotic journey gets away from common travels through a remote and strikingly beautiful area that is rarely visited. It's a challenging trek ideal for people seeking a unique adventure.
The Lower Dolpo Trek is a journey through the pristine land of Shey-Phoksundo National Park where the award-winning, where The Caravan, was filmed. To the east is the Dhaulagiri Range including the world's 7th highest mountain and to the north is the Tibetan plateau. The journey begins with a flight to Jhupal and we will travel to many villages among which are Tarap, Dho, and Tarakot, and through forests of oak, rhododendron (Nepal's national flower) and pine with spectacular views as we climb over three passes, Kagmara La 5115m, Baga La 5190 m and Numa La at 5159 m.
This tour is highlighted by the culture and the views of the mountains, the Phoksundo Lake and the majestic monasteries. Chances are that we may even see various wild animals such as Blue Sheep and Snow Leopard on top of rare vegetal species. Peter Mathiessen wrote his classic book, The Snow Leopard from his experiences in Dolpo.
The Lower Dolpo Trek is a camping tour. The facilities in the region are not capable of supporting a teahouse or lodge to lodge trek. We will have a crew of porters to carry all supplies, including a dining tent, tables, chairs, bathroom tent and personal, comfortable sleeping tent. Our cook will provide quality meals and the evening around the camp will be a cozy time recollecting the wonders of the day's journey and spectacular surroundings over a good meal and a warm drink.
Few Exotic trips you may like:
Arrival in Nepal
According to your arrival itinerary in Nepal, Good Vibe Adventure welcomes you at the entry point or at the airport and takes you to the hotel. We also brief you in short about the programs.
Private Tourist vehicle to airport drops and pick up/ round flight trip KTM-Nepalgunj-Juphal-Nepalgunj-KTM.
Food/ Water and Accommodation on Lower Dolpo Trekking
We provide Standard breakfast in Kathmandu. During the trekking, we provide breakfast and dinner at the lodge and lunch on the trekking trail. We recommend you to bring water purification pills, but you have options of buying bottled water or boiled water as well.
We offer 2-3 star Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu but it can be customized according to your request. And best available lodge in the trekking. Lodges with basic facilities are available in Lower Dolpo Trekking
Luggage on Lower Dolpo Trekking
During the trekking, your bag pack will be carried by the porter and you can use your belongings at your desired time. You can just carry a day pack with a water bottle, camera, sun-screen, spare jacket, etc. Except for the necessary things, you can deposit your belongings to the hotels' locker.
Communication, Electricity and Battery Charge on Lower Dolpo Trekking
Despite some areas, there is network coverage of mobile phones in almost the places. The landline phones are also available for communication. Electricity or solar powers are available for the mobile charge. It is better to have a spare battery.
It is better to consult with your doctor before going to the lower Dolpo Trekking. Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS)/ High Altitude Sickness can occur during the trekking so proper acclimatization is needed. Please, take your required medicine with you.
Insurance helps you to get a quick rescue and medical expenses. It is an expensive operation from the higher altitude in the helicopter. It cuts your economic burden if some accidents happen. Insurance should be done by you.
Best Trekking season for the Lower Dolpo Trekking
Autumn and spring are the best seasons for Lower Dolpo Trekking. Days are warm and nights are chilling. Mornings are usually clear and fine weather. It can be cloudy around the afternoon and evening. The winter season is more challenging due to the heavy snowfall.
Booking and Payment procedure
20% payment should be paid in advance while you book the trip. It should include Passport copy and flight detail. The rest of the 80% payment is payable at your arrival in Nepal. You can pay by your credit card and deposit into the bank account of Good Vibe Adventure from your country and can pay cash after your arrival.
In addition to Lower Dolpo Treks, we can also extend the trip to jungle safari, Lumbini Tour, Nepal Tour, Rafting along with tour activities in Tibet and Bhutan. Please, let us know earlier if you want to extend your trip either inside Nepal or outside of it according to your time management.